All your burning questions answered here!
Simply click on the question and the answers will appear below.
Described as “the best Pinot Noir event on the planet”, the Pinot Noir NZ Celebration showcases the very best of New Zealand Pinot Noir and attracts some of the greatest international minds on the subject.
This premium 3-day wine event brings together media, trade and enthusiasts from all corners of the globe, who descend on our shores to be educated, stimulated and connected to what makes our Pinot Noir so special.
Come January 2017, Pinot Noir NZ will be, without question, the place to be in the wine world.
The 3-day programme provides you with access to world-class keynote speakers, cutting edge opinion and robust discussion, all to a backdrop of New Zealand cuisine, film, music and tastings tastings tastings.
Click here to see the preliminary programme
Pinot Noir NZ 2017 will take place from Tuesday 31st January – Thursday 2nd February 2017.
It will be held in New Zealand’s creative and culinary capital, Wellington. To be precise, we’ll be taking over multiple venues right along the Wellington City Waterfront.
Click here to find out more about Wellington – the coolest little capital in the world
You’ll get to network with some of the greatest wine minds on the planet
• You’ll rub shoulders with 117 of New Zealand’s top Pinot Noir producers
• You’ll get to hear some incredible speakers, including Jancis Robinson OBE MW, Ken Ohashi MW, and Maynard James Keenan. Click here to see the list of speakers announced so far.
• You’ll get unparalleled access into the New Zealand wine scene
• It’s the chance to meet the makers behind the labels you know and love, and discover something new
• You’ll get to sample our wineries finest, through a series of free flow tasting sessions, including the best pinot they’ve produced to date
• You’ll get an insight into the future of NZ Pinot Noir
If you have limited time, this event provides you with the people you want to meet, the connections you need to make, and the wines you need to taste.
Tickets cost $1800 NZD + GST (Goods and Services Tax 15%)
Registrations are now open, and spaces are limited to 500 tickets.
Click here to register.
Your ticket includes:
• Access to all keynote speaker sessions
• The International Pinot Noir Tasting
• Entry to a series of free-flow tasting sessions across each of the 3 days, from 117 wineries, spanning 8 New Zealand wine regions
• A pretty impressive social calendar, with 3 evenings of kick-ass entertainment. It goes without saying that the food will be top notch, as will the wine and beer. Wellington does, after all, have some of the best coffee and craft beer around. It would just be rude not to let you try it.
• The very best local cuisine, led by our Culinary Director and top NZ food personality Ruth Pretty. We’ll also be involving some of our countries leading chefs.
• Morning tea, lunch and dinner across each of the 3 days, obviously matched with some outstanding wine, beer and other delicious beverages. Rest assured, you won’t be going hungry, and you certainly won’t be leaving thirsty.
Your flights to Wellington, and transfers to and from your hotel
• Your accommodation Click here for preferential rates
• Your breakfasts
If you select one of our partner hotels, there need not be any additional transport costs once you arrive. Wellington City is extremely compact, and all of our suggested options are within a 3-10 minute walk to our venues.
If you can’t make it to Pinot Noir NZ 2017, despite best intentions, we do have some options for you.
Registration and Function Tickets may be assigned to another person in the event you are unable to attend. All cancellations and substitutions must be notified in writing to Pinot Noir NZ 2017’s event organisers, Avenues Event Management. You can email the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration cancellations received in writing before 1 December 2016 will receive a full refund less $100 + GST (NZD) administration charge. Function Ticket cancellations received in writing before 1 December 2016 will receive a full refund less $15 + GST (NZD) administration charge. No refunds will be made from 1 December 2016, however substitutions are welcome.
Accommodation cancellation charges will be at the discretion of the hotel concerned.
If Pinot Noir NZ 2017 is cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Pinot Noir NZ 2017 Board, registration fees will be refunded after the deduction of expenses already incurred.